Career Opportunities at Christ Church
As our congregation grows, our staffing needs also grow. In our effort to effectively meet the business and ministry needs of our 7,000-member church, the regular full-time positions listed below are currently available. To apply, please follow the instructions at the end of the job posting.
Christ Church and its subsidiaries offer a competitive salary and benefits package to its regular full-time employees.
Each candidate must be a committed Christian and have attended Christ Church for at least three months.
Facilities Associate (Full-Time)
Under general supervision, learns and performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled manual work in the construction, maintenance, and repair of Christ Church and affiliates
- Perform minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Assist with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; painting, repair plaster and drywall structures .
- Perform all seasonal functions of maintenance during winter, summer, spring and fall, such as snow removal in the winter.
- Obtain estimates for supplies, repair and order parts for equipment
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Working experience in the field of maintenance and repair.
- Valid Motor Vehicle Driver’s License.
Director of Human Resources (Full-Time)
The position is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of all human resource functions, administering human resource policies, programs and practices, including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating and directing all human resource related activities of the organization.
- Candidate must possess knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administration; ability to analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals and legal documents.
- At minimum, mid-level management experience in human resource plans and procedures is required.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. SHRM certification a plus.
Director of Teen Ministry (Full-Time)
Position will oversee the Teen Ministry providing a comprehensive approach to leading teens into a relationship with Jesus and disciple them to higher levels of spiritual, intellectual and emotional maturity. Position will provide direction and oversight to both regular and ongoing services in addition to various other activities, trips and conferences, providing strategic direction and growth of Teen programs across two campuses. Position will also function as a support to parents through assisting with various issues that occur.
- A strong self-starter with ability to take initiative, think it through and determine best path forward in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively to a teen audience and adults.
- Ability to function in a multi-task environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge and use of MS Office applications.
- Knowledge and skill on using the internet to obtain information, social media, and create materials for distribution.
- Three to 5 years’ experience in the Teen Ministry field.
- One-2 years’ experience in the field of organizing youth events, project development, leadership, recruiting, training, and public speaking.
Ministry Resource Manager (Full-Time)
This position has direct responsibility for all bookstore operations. This includes overseeing day-to-day management across both campuses and the development and implementation of systems and processes of point-of-sale management.
- Candidate will oversee merchandising of resources as well as supervise, coordinate and direct the volunteer bookstore staff.
- Sound management and customer service skills are needed to manage vendors, interface with the congregation and analyze inventory flow.
- Desired candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field of study and five years retail experience.
Facilities Manager (Full-Time)
Manager of Facilities will provide scheduling, guidance and oversight to a department of five in proper execution of all facilities maintenance projects consisting of but not limited to: chiller maintenance, plumbing, electrical work, painting, and construction.
- Candidate will work with external contractors to ensure proper project management.
- Dialog and interface with Director of Operations and the Senior Pastor to determine best–in-class practices for the execution of facilities department.
- Work with the Information Technical Manager to ensure that the surveillance and access systems are functional and operational 24/7.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Facility Management; minimum of Associates Degree and possess pertinent certificates in boiler and related equipment maintenance.
Maintenance/Security Associate (Full-Time)
This full time position performs two functions: 1) under general supervision performs a variety of semi- and skilled-manual work in the construction, maintenance, and repair of Christ Church and affiliates’ facilities; 2) as security associate has direct responsibility for the oversight of security matters at all of Christ Church and affiliates locations including volunteer ministry security. With volunteer ministries, position gives direct oversight to the department head of First Impression’s security activities as it relates to Church service activities. Position will plan, organize, coordinate and direct security volunteers, as well as the office security staff in the performance of security, safety, and related functions with general oversight, guidance, and instruction.
- Primary responsibility is to assist the Director of Facilities in making sure that the Church facilities are maintained and secured.
- Desired candidate will possess minimum of a high school diploma, along with 1-2 years’ experience in the field of maintenance, and over five (5) years’ experience and/or knowledge in the field of security, surveillance, or associated fields.
- Possess a valid NJ State Driver’s License.
Worship & Creative Arts Ministry: Child Care Support (Part-Time)
Position Responsibilities – The Worship & Creative Arts Ministry is looking for one – two adult ladies (Christ Church members) looking to work one to two nights a month at the Church overseeing the child care room while parents are rehearsing for the Christmas production and during the Christmas performances. On average 7-9 children, ages 3-10 would be in attendance.
Dates And Times:
Thursday nights – East Campus (Montclair)
6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Or, a few
Tuesday nights – West Campus (Rockaway)
7:00 p.m. – 9:45 p.m.
A small stipend is paid for work each evening.