At Christ Church we believe that Jesus is Lord, and a personal relationship with Him is essential to obtaining eternal life. Once Jesus enters a heart and rules as Lord, a complete metamorphosis occurs purposes, attitudes, relationships and perspectives all change. In essence, the only answer to the deplorable conditions which confront humanity today is Jesus Christ. Our fundamental teachings include the following:
- We believe in the one true God head who has revealed Himself as existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit: distinguishable but indivisible (Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:21-22).
- We believe in the creation, test, and fall of man as recorded in the book of Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain divine righteousness (Romans 5:12, 18).
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very man (Luke 1:26-35; John 1:18; Isaiah 7:14, 9:6).
- We believe in the bodily Ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation and personal, literal and bodily return the second time for the Church (John 14:2-3; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins (Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:12; Romans 5:11).
- We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the name the Eternal Godhead in order to fulfill the command of Christ (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:36-39, 19:1-6).
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, the promise of the Father, for the empowering of the Christian and His accompanying gifts and fruit (Acts 2:1-4, 8:14-17, 10:44-46; Galatians 3:14-15).