Desired Related Majors: Audio, Sound Design, or Related Programs
As the Audio Engineering Intern, you will be working with the Media Department assisting in recording, monitoring, creating, assessing, etc. in audio and sound production projects.
What You Will Learn:
- Live Audio Equipment Setup & Teardown (Speakers, microphones, wiring, etc.)
- Multitrack Live Recording
- Industry standard audio engineering software
- Setup & Monitor In Ear Monitoring for Singers and Band
- Live Mix Audio Engineering
What You Will Do:
- Assessing the acoustics of the performance area and assembling and operating the necessary equipment.
- Consulting with producers and performers to determine the sound requirements.
- Selecting, positioning, adjusting, and operating the equipment used for amplification and recording.
- Applying technical knowledge of sound recording equipment to achieve the determined artistic objectives.
- Recording sound onto digital audio tape or hard disk recorders.
- Monitoring audio signals to detect sound-quality deviations or malfunctions.
- Anticipating and correcting any problems; maintain and repairing sound equipment.
- Integrating (synchronization) or pre-recorded audio (dialogue, sound effects and music with visual content.
- Re-recording and synchronizing audio (post-synching).
- Mixing and balancing speech, effects and music.
- Creating and altering sound effects for use in films, television, etc.
What We Require:
- Creative and flexible.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated; open to constructive criticism and feedback.
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.