Desired Related Majors: Elementary Education, Education Administration
As the Curriculum Liaison Intern, you will be working with the Quest Kids Department assisting in educational tasks and evaluating curriculums, break down lessons, and activities by development stage/age group.
What You Will Learn:
- How to assess creative aspects of lesson and theming for classroom.
- How to set instructional outcomes through planning and preparation.
- How to incorporate texts, resources and activities into classroom instruction.
- How to use Planning Center Software to manage the communication of teaching materials.
What You Will Do:
- Evaluate mixed-age curriculum and break down lessons and activities by development stage/age group.
- Coordinate the use of resources by obtaining needed supplies.
- Organize and plan developmentally appropriate toys and activities in each classroom to purposefully engage children in age-appropriate settings.
- Set up and layouts room to ensure an environment in which students are able to learn.
- Create activity and learning centers for all classrooms.
- Maintain clean and tidy classrooms for all classrooms.
What We Require:
- Solid understanding of early childhood developmental stages and how to apply them in the classroom
- Experience creating and implementing early childhood centers in a classroom.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated; open to constructive criticism and feedback.
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.