Desired Related Majors: Accounting, Business, Finance
As the Accounts Payable Intern, you will be working with the Finance Department assisting in documentation, problem solving, and analysis in financial processes, procedures, and practices.
What You Will Learn:
- How to document Finance and Accounting Processes in detail within a non-profit business model.
- How to engage in analysis and problem solving.
- How to create a Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
What You Will Do:
- Process check requests.
- Reconcile departmental statements.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with organizational policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Create an SOP process through collection and comparative analysis of facts about positions.
- Work with a team to test SOP once completed and prove the positions duties and responsibilities.
What We Require:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated; open to constructive criticism and feedback.
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.