Desired Related Majors: Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, Hospitality, Communications
As the Conference & Event Planning Intern, you will be working with the Special Projects department, as well as media, marketing, and many other departments.
What You Will Learn:
- How to plan a conference in faith-based and non-religious settings from pre-event to post-event.
- How to manage a budget and cash flow for major events.
- How to create attention grabbing promotional materials.
- How to create an effective marketing strategy.
- How to create a minute-by-minute strategy for major events.
What You Will Do:
- Research strategies used to advertise various major events using social media/other promotional materials.
- Manage social media promotions for upcoming events and conferences at Christ Church.
- Recruit sponsors, merchants, food vendors and news outlets for various major events at Christ Church.
- Research keynote speakers for conferences.
- Contact and book talent and attractions for Tri-County Fair.
- Suggest edits to graphic designers to confirm visual concept.
- Proofread and review brochures, flyers, and promotional videos that will be used to advertise events and conferences.
What We Require:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time-management and internet research skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio preferred.
- Experience with Trello, or other project management tools (such as Slack, Monday, etc.) preferred.
- Creative with the ability to solve problems.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated; open to constructive criticism and feedback.
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.