Desired Related Majors: Social Media, Graphic Design, Communications, and Marketing
The Social Media Intern will work in the Quest College Department. The Christ Church Internship Program gives college students the opportunity to explore their future career, learn business acumen by working in a corporate setting, and get a glimpse into the life of Christ Church staff members in their field of interest.
What You Will Learn:
- How to build a strong social presence and community following.
- How to navigate the system of algorithms, tags, and descriptions.
- How to successfully market events through social media.
- How to establish a social media presence from the ground up.
What You Will Do:
- Assist the Director with advertising upcoming events on social media.
- Manage and facilitate an attractive and engaging social media presence on all main social platforms.
- Assist in design of web page and all social media home pages.
- Record and edit videos and photographs.
- Capture prime, attractive moments to share on social media pages.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Church Life and Christ Church Media Department.
What We Require:
- Creative and flexible.
- Solid understanding of main social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, and iMovie.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Open to constructive criticism and feedback.
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.