Desired Related Majors: Human Resources, Management, Project Management
The Talent Acquisition Intern will work in the Internship Department. The Christ Church Internship Program gives college students the opportunity to explore their future career, learn business acumen by working in a corporate setting, and get a glimpse into the life of Christ Church staff members in their field of interest.
What You Will Learn:
- How to write and/or revise job descriptions.
- How to manage requisitions through the full-life cycle process.
- How to understand personnel policy and procedures as well as state and federal employment practices.
What You Will Do:
- Open and close positions on internal and external job boards.
- Attend college career and internship fairs to connect with students and share job opportunities.
- Build relationships with university staff, faculty and students.
- Promote internship program on social media.
- Screen and interview applicants.
- Coordinate scheduling of interviews and calendar management.
- Coordinate background checks for interns and volunteers.
- Assist with orientation for new interns.
- Apply innovative and creative approaches to any assigned project.
- Assist with a variety of ad-hoc activities with the HR and recruitment functions.
- Develop a talent acquisition related project with potential to be implemented.
What We Require:
- Understanding of basic HR terminology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word and Excel; Google Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback.
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Successful completion of a background check required.
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.